Joomieq | Policy
3.1. Active Information Collected
Certain features in this Website may require Personally Identifiable Information, which is information such as your name, title, occupation, employer name, business address, business telephone number or business e-mail address (collectively, Personally Identifiable Information or “PII”).
When you visit and respond to the Website our web servers may automatically collect website usage information. Website usage information is non-PII that describes how visitors use and navigate in this Website. Website usage information may include, without limitation, the number and frequency of visitors to each web page, the length of stay on each web page, browser type, the preceding and subsequent page viewed, and an Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
As part of the process for submitting your personal information, we may use that information for several general purposes: to tell users about products, seminars and services if users or a user’s organisation so request, to fulfill such a request, to contact users if we need to obtain or provide additional information; to verify the accuracy of our records, and to contact users regarding customer satisfaction surveys surgery.
A cookie is a small text file containing information that a website transfers to a computer’s hard disk for record-keeping purposes. Cookies allow us to analyse our site traffic patterns and to provide a user-friendly experience. A cookie cannot give us access to a user’s computer or to information beyond what is provide to us by users. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies; consult browser’s manual or online help for additional information on restricting or disabling the browser’s handling of cookies. If cookies are disabled, participants can still view the publicly available information on our website.
3.2. Use of Information Provided by You
• To perform the services that Joomieq has been engaged to perform by the Client (who may be your employer);
• To respond to your enquiries, comments, questions or requests;
• To monitor and statistically analyse usage of the website, to improve the website and/or our product and services offerings;
• To administer the website’s systems, to audit the website and for other internal business purposes;
• To comply with a judicial, administrative or similar proceeding or order such as a subpoena, search warrant, discovery request or other valid law enforcement measure or investigation;
• To protect the legal rights, interests and safety of the website, our users or others in cooperation with copyright owners, internet service providers, wireless service providers and law enforcement agencies;
• When we employ third parties to perform functions or services on our behalf, including, without limitation, third party hosting companies, communication services and data analysts; or
• To share with and among our affiliates or in the event there is any transfer, sale, or assignment of any of our business and/or assets or in the event of any other corporate change.
Joomieq may also disclose personal information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary in connection with a sale, merger, transfer, exchange or other disposition (whether of assets, stock or otherwise) of all or a portion of a business of Joomieq and/or its subsidiaries or to:
• conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process served on Joomieq or this website;
• protect and defend the rights or property of Joomieq and this website;
• enforce its agreements with users or a user’s organisation, or
• act in urgent circumstances to protect personal safety or the public.
3.3. Information Collected by Automated Means
We use various tools to enhance the website user experience and track users of the website, including cookies. Cookies are small pieces of text that a website places on your computer to help remember information about your visit. Cookies cannot read data off your computer’s hard drive or collect your personal information. We use information collected from cookies to improve your experience and the overall quality of our services. To access the features of the website you must enable cookies using your browser’s preferences.
Information collected through passive means may be non-identifying or may be associated with you. In the latter case, it will be treated as PII.
3.4. Our Commitment to Security
Your privacy is important to us. Joomieq uses reasonable efforts and safeguards to protect the PII we collect on this Website from unauthorised access, use, modification or disclosure. The website and all information that you submit through the website is collected, stored and processed within Company-controlled databases. We restrict access to your PII to those employees of ours and to those service providers who need to use it to manage the website. Client data is retained in accordance with the retention policy of the applicable Client master service agreement / contract. We have implemented physical, administrative, and technical safeguards to protect your PII from unauthorised access. However, as effective as our security measures are, no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our systems nor can we guarantee that information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to us over the Internet.
3.5. The GDPR and your rights
As an individual, you have rights under the GDPR regarding the use of your personal data, these are:
• Right of Access: An individual has the right to ask whether we process data about them and to have access to that data.
• Right to Rectification: Where personal data is inaccurate or incomplete, an individual has the right to request that it be corrected or completed.
• Right to Erasure: An individual has the right to require that Joomieq erases personal data without undue delay.
• Right to Restrict Processing: An individual can exercise the right to a restriction of processing of their personal data under certain circumstances.
• Right to Data Portability: An individual has the right to request that their personal data be provided to them and to transfer that data to another party.
• Right to Object: An individual has the right to object to processing under certain circumstances
• Automated Decision-Making Rights: An individual has the right to not be the subject of automated decision-making where the decision may impact them.
3.6. Exercising Data Subject’s Rights and Contacting Joomieq
This website may contain pages through which you can change your preferences or update the PII. You can contact Joomieq directly in order to:
• Update or correct the PII that we store about you;
• Direct us to render inactive on our systems all your PII; or
• Make a request related to the data subject rights listed in section 4.5.
We may be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that if you request us to render inactive your PII, we may still use aggregated non-PII, and some PII that you provided may continue to reside on backup servers and other non-active systems for data restoration purposes. We will not manually delete PII from such backup media.
3.7. User Consent
You can withdraw your consent at any time.
3.8. Consent to Transfer
Please be aware that any information you provide to us may be transferred within and/or outside of the country of origin to another Joomieq location. Joomieq carefully reviews international data transfers before they take place to ensure that they fall within the limits of local and international laws and regulations. By using the website or by providing us with your information, you consent to this transfer.
The Joomieq website is not intended for use by children. If you are under eighteen (18) years of age, you may use the Joomieq website only with the involvement of a parent or guardian. Further, Joomieq’s services are not directed to children or anyone under 18 years of age. Joomieq will not knowingly collect, maintain or use any personally identifiable information about anyone under 18 years of age. In the event we discover that a child under the age of eighteen (18) has responded to this website with personally identifiable information, we will delete such child’s personally identifiable information from our database.
3.10. Breach Notification
It is the policy of Joomieq to be fair and proportionate when considering the actions to be taken to inform affected parties regarding breaches of personal data. Where a breach is known to have occurred which is likely to result in a risk to the rights and freedoms of individuals, the relevant supervisory authority will be informed within 72 hours. This will be managed in accordance with our Information Security Incident Response Procedure which sets out the overall process of handling information security incidents.
Unless otherwise indicated, this website and its contents, including but not limited to all text, HTML code, CGI scripts, graphics, button images, and the site design and “look and feel,” are the property of Joomieq and are protected pursuant to South African and foreign copyright and trademark laws. By accessing this website, you agree to the following terms and conditions, which govern this website:
1. This Website and the material on this Website may not be modified, copied, distributed, republished, downloaded, uploaded or commercially exploited in any manner without the prior written consent of Joomieq except that you are permitted to download a copy of any of the materials on this Website on a single computer for personal noncommercial use, provided no copyright, trademark or other proprietary notices are removed. No intellectual property or other rights in or to this Website or its contents are transferred to you.
2. The information on this Website is provided solely for illustrative purposes and does not create any business, contractual or employment relationship.
3. THE MATERIAL ON THIS WEB SITE IS PROVIDED ’AS IS’ AND IS WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND. JOOMIEQ DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF TITLE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, MERCHANTIBILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THIS WEBSITE AND THE MATERIAL ON THIS WEBSITE. JOOMIEQ ALSO MAKES NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES AS TO WHETHER THE INFORMATION ACCESSIBLE ON THIS WEBSITE IS ACCURATE, COMPLETE OR CURRENT.
4. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAWS, IN NO EVENT SHALL JOOMIEQ BE LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION ANY COMPENSATORY, INCIDENTAL, DIRECT, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSS OF USE, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF INCOME OR PROFIT, LOSS OF OR DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, CLAIMS OF THIRD PARTIES, OR OTHER LOSSES OF ANY KIND OR CHARACTER, EVEN IF JOOMIEQ HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES OR LOSSES, ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THIS WEBSITE OR THE CONTENTS OF THIS WEBSITE.
5. The posting of any content or material to this Website and the creation of a link from this Website to any other Website are expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Joomieq.
6. Joomieq does not regularly review materials on Websites linked to this Website and does not necessarily endorse the materials appearing on any linked Websites.
7. Joomieq reserves the right to change these terms and conditions at any time by updating this posting. Use of this Website following any such changes shall constitute acceptance of such changes.
This policy was last updated on 04 May 2020.